Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

The un-rippling effect.

Land me into a tranquil soil,
the fertility of which, isn't affected
by the ripples caused by winds of turmoil;
And which continues to support growth, unabated.

'When you want to change (read improve) the world, you should start with yourself'. We all wish to improve something or make things better for someone around us, don't we? But have we considered that improving something within ourselves might make a remarkable improvement for the people and things around us?

I wish I could touch a level of stability such that

Acceptance or rejection,
Success or failure,
Joy or grief,
Favourable or unfavourable circumstances

do not become a ripple and affect my journey - what I had set out to do and why I had set out to do it.

I am not asking for a stony, emotionless heart. But I don't need an impulsive mind either. I am only asking for a stability enough to not react to the emotions, enough to not affect my sense of purpose, and my steps towards achieving it.

I wish I could touch a level of stability which will help me retain my cool when my toddler drives my patience to extreme limits, because I had set out to be a good mother and because I love my child dearly. Won't it result in creating a wonderful example for her?

I wish I could touch a level of stability which will allow me to continue to climb the ladders of professional space, despite rejections of all ideas and non recognition of all efforts, because I had set out to be a good employee, and because I wanted to contribute something to my work. Won't it improve processes for me and other people?

Probably the following lyrics of a hindi movie song say it all -

Gham aur khushi mein fark na mehsoos ho jahaan......main dil ko us muqaam pe laata chala gaya, har fikr ko dhunve me udaata chala gaya......

This post is in response to the Wishlist Wednesday No. 6 posted by Preeti Shenoy on her blog : http://justamotheroftwo.blogspot.com.

2 comments: